Monday 6 February 2017

...Sup

I guess I should have an introductory post so here goes. I'm currently studying musical theatre and throughout orientation we were encouraged quite heavily to keep a journal. While I'm not one for dwelling on my life and personal experiences I think it could be helpful to have a record of the fragmented thoughts and insights in which I find my passion to perform.
I'm also not such a fan of pen and paper (mostly due to my handwriting skills) and digital files are too easily lost or corrupted so here we are with the vast immortality of the internet. I'm writing this for my own benefit but if anyone chooses to wander through my thoughts and feelings and find some value for themselves that would be pretty amazing.
I'll mostly be writing analyses on characters or songs from musicals that speak to me, I feel like there is a lot more depth to be found in this medium than the general assumption dictates. I tend to focus on the darker side of things as I feel that in darkness you can find a raw truth and realism. If you take the time to read through what I have to say I hope you find something that resonates with you like it does with me.

P.S. If you don't want something spoiled for you don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment